25.12.10

Quilting and Plotting

After a project is finished, I am often left with many bits and pieces of material too small to be of use on another project.

The triangles cut off from the strips intended for binding a quilt come to mind. I prefer to cut my strips three inches wide instead of two and a quarter inches. Strips of this size enrich my quilt in colour and design, so when I cut off the triangles at the jointing points I am left with small but manageable triangles. These I collect in a see- through plastic bag and when a good supply of colourful triangles of the same size has accumulated, I try to join them imaginatively.

Tablemats or small artistic hangings can be created in this way. It is a bit of a fiddly job, but nothing gives me more pleasure than to sit comfortably in front of the TV with my work basket on my knees and to create what I consider small works of art while watching my favourite programmes.

Whilst I quilt I also like to plot. My books were written after they had been plotted during solitary quilting sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment